Armour, SD
Child Care

Free diapers, clothing, formula plus free and reduced cost daycare services for children of families in need. There are 2 child care programs in the Armour, South Dakota area.

Ponca Tribe of Nebraska Headquarters

43 Miles Away

PO Box 288
Niobrara, NE 68760

(402) 857-3391

Visit Website

ENROLLMENT SERVICES processes enrollment applications, conducts verification for Tribal Council Approval, and provides authorization passwords for the member website; call the Enrollment Specialist at (402) 857-3391

CULTURE DEPARTMENT aims to restore and preserve traditions, customs, language, and history; museum and archives, research assistance on Ponca history and genealogy; outreach education and presentations are available, as are guided tours of the Earth Lodge, Powwow Grounds, Native Garden, and National Historically Registered Community Building; call the Cultural Director at (402) 857-3519

PONCA LANGUAGE INSTRUCTION classes held at various times throughout the year; call the Cultural Director at (402) 857-3519

ENVIRONMENTAL PROGRAM offers radon testing, lead testing, and mold assessments; call the Environmental Specialist at (402) 857-3391

BUFFALO PROGRAM serves to restore and sustain the buffalo on Ponca lands; program also provides meat distribution to the public as available; call the Director at (402) 857-3391

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ADVOCACY provides crisis/emergency services for victims of domestic violence, elder abuse, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking; services include case management, shelter referral and placement, protection order applications, legal/court advocacy, and initial financial assistance during an emergency (based on availability of funding - might include legal fees, rent/utility assistance, diapers, lock changes, food, etc.); call (402) 857-3341

CASE MANAGERS assist families and individuals experiencing a personal crisis; information and referrals provided for a variety of needs; direct services include budgeting, funeral assistance, elder care services, and application/forms assistance for tribal and government programs; call the Social Services Case Managers at (402) 857-3341

ASSISTANCE FOR FAMILIES provides advocacy for families with government agencies, Child Protective Services, courts, probation, foster placements, etc., parenting skills development, home visits, and court recommendations; transportation is available to and from appointments as outlined in state and/or Tribal case plans; includes transportation for employment, housing, behavioral health services, referrals, court, DHHS, and other agencies; transportation requires 24 hour notice and is based on availability; call the Social Services Case Managers at (402) 857-3341

Mon-Fri 8 am-4:30 pm; Tribal Court Administrator 8 am-12 noon

Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy.
-- Anthony Robbins

Locate Services
In Another Area

Enter a zip code:

Requests For Help

Wayne, NE: 101 miles away
Posted: August 17, 2018

I recently lost my job and my husband is the only one working we have two children and this month our choices are pay the rent or pay the electricity.I don't need help with all of it just some of it...

Steen, MN: 106 miles away
Posted: August 17, 2018

I normally dont ask for help. this year has been a hard one, my son has therapy sessions for physical,occupational, and speech every week. My husband is suffering from PTSD as well as other issues. I ...

Columbus, NE: 140 miles away
Posted: August 17, 2018

I am a mother of 2 and one on the way. I intend to use the money to help buy some baby stuff for our baby thats coming....

Grand Island, NE: 166 miles away
Posted: August 17, 2018

My name is Alicia and I am a mother of 5 children. I'm reaching out for help because i'm raising my wonderful children by myself. I have not been receiving child support for my kids and have been doin...

Valley, NE: 173 miles away
Posted: August 17, 2018

Im behind on bills due to a medical emergency and my job keeps cutting my hours. I can't make ends meet. I just need to catch up. My bills exceed my income and I need to catch up....

You can also use our website to request help from anonymous donors who browse our site and receive donations via PayPal. Post your story and get help