Address:150 Concord StFramingham, MA 01702Map & Directions
Services: Security deposit assistance for Framingham households. Funds available on a first come, first-serve basis. Up to two months of assistance may be available
Address:7 Bishop StFramingham, MA 01702Map & Directions
Services: Provide rental subsidies to income eligible families. Rental assistance vouchers allow families to rent in the private market and apply a subsidy to their rent.
- Services include: Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers.
Address:2 Webster StNatick, MA 01760Map & Directions
Services: Three types of financial assistance:
- Eviction Prevention Services
- The goal of these services is to keep families in their homes by offering limited financial assistance.
- Emergency Utility Assistance
- Case Managers:
- ¦work with NSTAR to protect clients from utility service shut-offs
- ¦guide clients through the application process for federal fuel assistance (LIHEAP)
- Scholarship/Financial Aid
- Case Managers offer:
- ¦financial assistance screening for programs offered through the Natick Parks and Recreation Department
- ¦referrals for financial assistance to community sports teams
- ¦referrals to summer camps for children (Salvation Army Camp Wonderland and Middlesex County Sheriff’s Youth Academy Camp)
Address:155 Merrimack StLowell, MA 01852Map & Directions
Services: CTI Housing Assistance Program provides low-income families with housing search services and homelessness prevention counseling.
- Services include: Rent Payment Assistance and Housing Search and Information.
Address:70 Lawrence StLowell, MA 01852Map & Directions
Services: Merrimack Valley Catholic Charities is a community service center of Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of Boston. MVCC serves the entire Merrimack Valley region through a wide-range of services with primary service sites in Lowell, Lawrence, and Haverhill. Services include Basic Needs, Counseling, Family Support Services, Food Pantry, Grandparents as Parents, Parent Support Services, Child Care. Provides holiday toys and gifts as funding/donations are available.
Address:63 Main StNorthborough, MA 01532Map & Directions
Services: Provides aid to Northborough residents for emergency needs when requested through authorized social service programs.
- Aid would be in the form of a check payable to the provider of necessities such as electric power or prescription drugs. Other requests will be considered if funds are available. To learn more about this service, please call Northborough Family and Youth Services (508-393-5020) who will help you get in touch with the right person with the Helping Hands Association.
Address:162 W Union StAshland, MA 01721Map & Directions
Website: http://Ashland Emergency Fund
Services: Provides temporary financial support to Ashland families and citizens in need. This fund can be used by any Ashland resident to help with various different financial needs such as food, rent, heating fuel, electric/gas bills, prescription and medical expenses, and burial expenses. This fund is typically available on a one-time basis to residents in need.
Address:1000 Commonwealth AvenueNewton Center, MA 02459Map & Directions
Services: Provides full service general social service for families (casework).
- Provides aid and assistance to families with children, elder households and single adults.
- Aid can be: emergency food for Newton Residents, utility and rent assistance (Perpetual Benevolent Fund), consumer mediation services. Financial assistance is limited and may not be available.
- Other services include: ABCD Fuel Assistance intake site, Newton specific-trust funds, Community service provider outreach, hoarding committee (municipal)
- Also provides mortgage payment assistance, rent payment assistance, local officials offices and specialized information and referral.
Services: Provides financial help to residents who are faced with a temporary but severe financial problem.
- Grants are for one-time specific needs and not for on-going expenses. An applicant must complete an application and return it to the Director of the Cousens Fund at the above address. After the form is received, the director will call the applicant for an interview. The Trustees of the Fund make the decision to approve or not to approve the request at their monthly meeting.
- Service includes mortgage payment assistance, rent payment assistance, electric bill payment assistance and gas bill payment assistance.
Address:402 Massachusetts AveCambridge, MA 02139Map & Directions
Services: Offers multiple programs that includes: - - Emergency Assistance: - A wide variety of assistance is offered to individuals and families in need and is available on an as-needed basis. - Each person is given individual attention during the process of intake, evaluation, and case management. After an assessment of need, family qualifications and program requirements, assistance may be given in areas such as: - -Utility assistance through the Good Neighbor Energy Fund - -Clothing assistance - -Food/grocery store vouchers - -Rental/mortgage assistance - -Counseling - -Referrals and case management - When appropriate, referrals are given to other agencies that may better serve the client's needs (such as food stamps, employment resources, and housing services). - - Please call 617.547.3400 to schedule an appointment. - - Bridging the Gap: - Bridging The Gap is a 12-week prevention/intervention program to teach positive life skills to at-risk youth ages 12-17. The program is offered at no cost to the family. In addition to voluntary enrollment and self-referral, participants may be referred to our program from the Dept. of Social Services, the court system, schools, or other local agencies. - - The program aims to provide the teenagers with skills and community resources as well as the necessary tools for positive and successful decision-making. The program features group activities and discussions, peer guidance, and guest speakers. Areas addressed include anger management, substance abuse, education, and employment. For more information, please CLICK HERE. - - Continuum of Care for Men: - Heart to God, Hand to Man. The Salvation Army's Continuum of Care for Men is changing lives one step at a time. Through our Drop-In Shelter and Emergency Shelter, men receive shelter, food and medical assistance. Those who are sober and desire a change may be considered for enrollment in our Umoja Program., which is a faith-based, residential, recovery and transitional program for men. For more information, please CLICK HERE. - - Camp Wonderland Camperships: - Each summer, we provide children with an opportunity to camp and experience a week filled with fun programs at our Camp Wonderland in Sharon, Mass. Camp Wonderland is a fully-licensed and accredited camp that offers affordable, one-week vacations to children whose families may otherwise not be able to send their child to camp. - - We give kids a chance to take a summer vacation where they can experience nature, make new friends, and develop new talents all in a safe and supportive environment. Activities include pontoon boat rides, swimming in the lake, arts & crafts, music education, sporting activities, games, and Bible study. - - Price is based on the size of the child's family and their income, and in cases of extreme hardship, may be subsidized. - - Drop-In Day Shelter: - Medical and mental health care are accessible through our collaboration with Health Care for the Homeless and Tri-City Mental Health Services. - To find out more, please call us at 617.547.3400. - - Holiday Assistance - Seasonal: - Special efforts are made to assist individuals and families during the Holiday season with food baskets, toys and winter clothing. Click Here for sign up information. - - Community Feeding Program: - In addition to serving meals daily to participants at our Drop-In Shelter, The Lodge, Senior Citizens, and the children of Our Place, we also are joined by Cambridge residents every Wednesday night for a community dinner. Anyone in need of a warm, nutritious meal is welcome. - - Silver Threads Senior Program: - Daily programs featuring a variety of activities, such as arts and crafts are offered. Over 180 seniors participate each year. - Senior Vacations - Wonderland Camp and Conference Center: - Senior citizens can enjoy the benefits of attending The Salvation Army's Conference Center and Camp facilities in Sharon, MA. - - One-week vacations are offered to seniors at our Wonderland Conference Center. Along with enjoying the camaraderie with their peers, seniors enjoy a multitude of activities such as riding pontoon boats on the lake, playing shuffleboard and tennis or taking short sightseeing day trips. The Senior citizens pay for the expenses of attending the facility and every effort is made to keep costs extremely affordable for those on a fixed income. - - League of Mercy Visitation Program: - A group designed to visit those who are sick and shut-in. Operating year round, visits are made to individuals at local hospitals, nursing homes, jails, and residential facilities. Volunteers are always welcome. - - - For more information on these services, please contact the Cambridge Corps at 617.547.3400 - or visit them at 402 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA. -