Address:322 Main StSpringfield, MA 01105Map & Directions
Services: Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program serves more than 5,000 very low-income tenants with rental assistance under federal Section 8 Programs and the Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program.
- HAP has an active Family Self-Sufficiency Program, providing supportive services to help Section 8 recipients make the transition from welfare to work and achieve economic independence.
- HAP is part of the statewide Section 8 program, under subcontract with the Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development, and only one application is needed to become part of the Section 8 statewide waiting list. Although the statewide waiting list is very long and resources have been limited in recent years, eligible applicants are encouraged to submit an application and be sure to inform HAP when their address changes.
Address:65 Elliot StSpringfield, MA 01105Map & Directions
Services: The Homecoming Project – Rapid Re-housing, ESG, Prevention & Diversion - - Rental assistance in the form of rental arrears up to 3 months – exceptions may be made for up to 6 months of assistance with authorization of the social service coordinator. , or last month’s rent and security deposit may be offered to qualifying single individuals who meet the HUD definition of at risk of homelessness or homeless definition: - summary process notice court agreement condemnation fire domestic violence (YWCA referral) - - General Eligibility Criteria: - 1.Individual has household without Children - 2.Must have a connection to Springfield ( Work or live in Springfield) - 3.Proof of income (Gross income) – below 30% of area medium income as determined by HUD - (One person: $16, 800, two: $19,200, three: $21,600) - 4.Rent should not exceed 60% of the individuals monthly gross income* - - Please contact Friends of the Homeless at 413-734-3069 if you are homeless and meet one of the homeless criteria listed below. Please contact Catholic Charities at 413-452-0605 if you are at risk of becoming homeless due to eviction from housing in Springfield.
Address:59 Interstate Dr # 10West Springfield, MA 01089Map & Directions
Services: Mass Housing lends money at rates below the conventional market to support affordable rental and home ownership opportunities for low- and moderate-income residents of Massachusetts.
- Home Saver is a counseling and loan program that helps borrowers who were victimized by unfair lending practices. It is a proactive step that home owners take before their mortgage becomes unaffordable, and before foreclosure becomes a real possibility. Home Saver includes a mandatory counseling component and a refinancing of your existing loan
- Households with gross annual incomes that meet the federal "low to moderate" guidelines.
- Service includes mortgage foreclosure assistance.
Address:96 Alden AveEnfield, CT 06082Map & Directions
Services: Electric Service Payment Assistance, Gas Service Payment Assistance, Heating Fuel Payment Assistance
Hours: M-F: 9am-5pm
Eligibility: Resident of Enfield; Income restrictions
Address:1415Hartford, CT 06114Map & Directions
Address:40 Dyer AveCanton, CT 06019Map & Directions
Hours: M,T,W,F: 9am-5pm; Th: 9am-7pm; Summer hours: M-F: 9am-5pm
Address:104 Notch RdBolton, CT 06043Map & Directions
Hours: M-Th: 9am-4pm; F: 9am-3pm
Eligibility: Resident of Bolton; Income restrictions
Address:34 E Main StAvon, CT 06001Map & Directions
Services: Electric Service Payment Assistance, Gas Service Payment Assistance
Hours: Call for an appointment
Eligibility: * Person is in an EXTREME emergency, such as:
Address:60 W Main StAvon, CT 06001Map & Directions
Hours: M-F: 8:30am-4:30pm
Eligibility: Resident of Avon; Income restrictions
Address:25 George Washington TurnpikeBurlington, CT 06013Map & Directions