(14 Miles Away - Go to:
Address: 27 Little Rock, AR 72201 Map & Directions Little Rock, AR Financial Assistance) Telephone: (800) 368-3749 Website: http://www.entergy.com Services: Project Care: - Provides assistance for energy related expenses to senior citizens facing financial emergency. The assistance may be used to pay utility bills, repair heating or cooling equipment, or to support minor weatherization work. Project care is administered by Calcasieu Council on Aging. Customers must be a least 60 years old. Each customer is eligible twice a year and is allowed a maximum of $100 per emergency.
Senior Citizens Discount Rate: - Eliminates a customer charge of six ($6) per month on residential accounts that qualify. Customers must be at least 65 years old, the account must be in the customer's primary residence and in his or her name, and the customer must have annual income below $10,000 (includes earnings or income of all other occupants residing in the houseold). Also Utility Assistance
The Power to Care
Helps low-income, elderly or disabled customers pay their energy bills in times of financial distress.
*Beat The Heat
During June, thousands of fans are distributed to customers living in the Entergy service area.
*Entergy's Emergency Deferred Billing Program= How Does It Work?
During a publicly declared Energy Emergency:
The portion of the bill that will be deferred is the amount that is over and above your previous year's total bill during that same time period (this amount must be at least $20). For example if your current bill is $140 during an energy emergency period, and your bill for the same period last year was $80, the difference ($60) is divided and paid over a 12-month period.
* $140 current monthly bill during energy emergency period
* -$80 bill for same month last year and amount currently due
* = $60 amount deferred and paid over 12 months Hours: 24 hours / 7 days a week. Eligibility: Entergy provides a variety of utility services for local consumers.
* Who qualifies for Energy Emergency Deferred Billing Program? A person whose income does not exceed 150% of the poverty level AND is 65 years old
* 1.A person who receives SNAP(food stamps) or
2. TANF (welfare)
* A person whose sole income consists of Social Security
* A Governmental Entity determined by the Louisiana Public Service Commission as being a vital governmental entity that provides services, the absence of which could result in imminent peril to the public health, safety and welfare
*A registered Entergy Critical Care Customer
Documents To Bring: None.
Energy Emergency Deferred Billing Program: You may apply for the program at any of the Community Action Program offices (Calcasieu Parish Police Jury / Office of Community Services 337 721-3560. Bring your proof of eligibility and previous Entergy bill.