Weber Human Services
(27 Miles Away - Go to:
Address: 237 26th St Ogden, UT 84401 Map & Directions Ogden, UT Financial Assistance) Telephone: (801) 625-3700 Website: http://www.weberhs.org/Home/Content/Services/Senior.aspx Services: 1. Information & Assistance - Questions are answered regarding the programs and services available in the Weber and Morgan County area.
2. Outreach, Advocacy & HIIP - Screening, eligibility review, advocacy and supported access to community programs. Counseling regarding the most recent health insurance information.
3. Ombudsman - Investigation by a certified ombudsman on complaints about long term care facilities.
4. Health Promotion - Wellness oriented prevention, education, screening and wellness activities.
5. Legal Services - Consultation on legal concerns such as guardianship, health care & housing.
6. Transportation - The Ride for seniors who have no other means of transportation to access appointments, senior centers or other community interests. Call 801-625-3776 to schedule.
7. Senior Centers - Community based centers where seniors can socialize and access other service programs such as congregate meals, nutrition/health screening and promotion, recreation and education.
* Golden Hours 399-5230
* Happy Hours 629-8346
* Harrisville 782-2407
* Hillside (Roy) 773-0860
* Lakeview 399-8392
* Morgan 845-4040
* Northview 782-6211
* Ogden Valley 399-8392
* Plain City 399-8392
* South Ogden 393-9539
* Union Gardens 392-7230
* Wash. Terrace 621-0161
8. Home Delivered Meals - Hot nutritious meals are delivered daily to homebound seniors, except weekends and holidays, when frozen meals are available, in advance, if needed.
9. Volunteer Services - The Volunteer Center recruits seniors and coordinates their service and support to the community through one of dozens of project sites at local organizations throughout Weber and Morgan Counties. The Senior Companion Program (SCP) helps seniors through assisted transportation, companionship & respite for caregivers. Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) recruits seniors and coordinates their services and support to the community. The Foster Grandparent Program (FGP) provides mentorship and support literacy for students kindergarten through sixth grade.
10. Telephone Reassurance & Friendly Visitor - Isolated and homebound frail elderly are contacted by personal visit or telephone call for the benefit of companionship and support.
11. Senior Employment Program - Supervised job placement, training and experience are provided, at community service oriented work sites, for low-income seniors trying to re-enter the work force.
12. Medicaid Waiver - Services covered by Medicaid but not available through other means can be provided through the Home & Community Based Services Waiver. Services include Case Management, Adult Day Care, Personal Care Aide, Homemaker Aide, Respite Care, Transportation, Personal Emergency Response Systems, Supplemental Meals. Eligible seniors are 65+ and meet the basic Nursing Facility Level of Care and special Medicaid Financial Eligibility criteria.
13. The Alternatives Program - A variety of home and community based services are available to keep functionally impaired adults from premature institutionalization. These services include Case Management, Homemaker Aide, Personal Care Aide, Chore Services, Personal Emergency Response Systems, Equipment Loan and/or Purchase, Home Delivered Meals, Liquid Supplemental Meal, Modifications to Home, Adult Day Care and Residential Living. Eligibility is based on income and assets along with the present and eminent risk of nursing home placement. (Please note that this service requires a small fee based on income/assets.)
14. Caregiver Support - The purpose of the Utah Caregiver Support Program is to provide information, assistance, support, caregiver training, respite, and counseling to caregivers of adults 60 years or older. Services include Adult Day Care, Personal Care Aide, Homemaker Aide, Companionship Service, Equipment & Assistive Devices, Education, Training, & Support Groups, Caregiver Counseling. Services are intermittent and short-term.
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm