Address:322 Main StSpringfield, MA 01105Map & Directions
Services: Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program serves more than 5,000 very low-income tenants with rental assistance under federal Section 8 Programs and the Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program.
- HAP has an active Family Self-Sufficiency Program, providing supportive services to help Section 8 recipients make the transition from welfare to work and achieve economic independence.
- HAP is part of the statewide Section 8 program, under subcontract with the Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development, and only one application is needed to become part of the Section 8 statewide waiting list. Although the statewide waiting list is very long and resources have been limited in recent years, eligible applicants are encouraged to submit an application and be sure to inform HAP when their address changes.
Address:65 Elliot StSpringfield, MA 01105Map & Directions
Services: The Homecoming Project – Rapid Re-housing, ESG, Prevention & Diversion - - Rental assistance in the form of rental arrears up to 3 months – exceptions may be made for up to 6 months of assistance with authorization of the social service coordinator. , or last month’s rent and security deposit may be offered to qualifying single individuals who meet the HUD definition of at risk of homelessness or homeless definition: - summary process notice court agreement condemnation fire domestic violence (YWCA referral) - - General Eligibility Criteria: - 1.Individual has household without Children - 2.Must have a connection to Springfield ( Work or live in Springfield) - 3.Proof of income (Gross income) – below 30% of area medium income as determined by HUD - (One person: $16, 800, two: $19,200, three: $21,600) - 4.Rent should not exceed 60% of the individuals monthly gross income* - - Please contact Friends of the Homeless at 413-734-3069 if you are homeless and meet one of the homeless criteria listed below. Please contact Catholic Charities at 413-452-0605 if you are at risk of becoming homeless due to eviction from housing in Springfield.
(Shameless promotion of another website.)
(End of shameless promotion.)
Address:59 Interstate Dr # 10West Springfield, MA 01089Map & Directions
Services: Mass Housing lends money at rates below the conventional market to support affordable rental and home ownership opportunities for low- and moderate-income residents of Massachusetts.
- Home Saver is a counseling and loan program that helps borrowers who were victimized by unfair lending practices. It is a proactive step that home owners take before their mortgage becomes unaffordable, and before foreclosure becomes a real possibility. Home Saver includes a mandatory counseling component and a refinancing of your existing loan
- Households with gross annual incomes that meet the federal "low to moderate" guidelines.
- Service includes mortgage foreclosure assistance.
Address:96 Alden AveEnfield, CT 06082Map & Directions
Services: Electric Service Payment Assistance, Gas Service Payment Assistance, Heating Fuel Payment Assistance
Hours: M-F: 9am-5pm
Eligibility: Resident of Enfield; Income restrictions
Address:157 Main StSpencer, MA 01562Map & Directions
Services: Provides a one time payment to help the applicant pay an outstanding bill - i.e. rent, utilities. Once the committee approval is obtained, if the request is for food, the applicant is given a voucher which can then be presented at a supermarket to pay for groceries. If the request is for something other than food the voucher is forwarded, by the committee, to the landlord, utility, etc. to pay an outstanding bill.
Address:79 Elm StSouthbridge, MA 01550Map & Directions
Services: Catholic Charities provides financial and material assistance, including rent, utilities, prescriptions, infant supplies, clothing, holiday gifts and toys, school supplies and other basic need. In addition, services include case management, budget counseling, and connections to primary care services, health education and parenting workshops. Catholic Charities also provides Home Care services to the Southern Worcester Country population.
Address:107 Ridge AveAthol, MA 01331Map & Directions
Services: Emergency assistance with utilities provided if funding is available. - - While funding is available, we offer residents in the towns of Athol, Orange, Petersham, Philippston, New Salem, Royalston and Warwick MA emergency assistance. - - Food Pantry - Open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday | 9:00 am - 12:00 pm - The food pantry is available once a month or on an emergency basis. - - Community Meal - Tuesdays at 5pm residents of Athol, Orange, Petersham, Philippston, New Salem, Royalston and Warwick MA are welcome to join us for a home cooked meal. - - Summer Eats - During the summer we are a Summer Eats Program site. This program is open to children and teens. - - Emergency Disaster Services - On Call - Emergency Disaster Services are available as needed. - - Emergency Shelter and Utility Assistance - When Available - Emergency shelter and utility assistance program, funded by FEMA. - - Good Neighbor Energy Fund - When Available - Energy assistance for residents in temporary crisis who are struggling to pay their energy bills and do not qualify for federal or state energy funds. - - Thanksgiving Distribution - Thanksgiving Season - Thanksgiving basket distribution. Please call the corps for registration dates. - - Christmas Distribution - Christmas Season - Christmas basket distribution. Please call the corps for registration dates. -
Address:1 Old Princeton Road Cut-offHubbardston, MA 01452Map & Directions
Services: The Hubbardston House Apartment provides housing to the elderly and mobility impaired.
- Income eligible elderly and mobility impaired.
- Service includes section 8, and housing vouchers.
Address:104 Central StAuburn, MA 01501Map & Directions
Services: Provides donated funds to assist residents with emergency heating costs and other emergency related expenses. The fund also works with Keeping Auburn Warm, a program of Auburn that provides weatherization services, furnace repair as well as fuel assistance, contact 508-721-7723.
- Service includes mortgage payment assistance, rent payment assistance, electric bill payment assistance, gas bill payment assistance, heating fuel bill payment assistance and medical bill payment assistance.
Address:116 Church StGardner, MA 01440Map & Directions
Services: - The Gardner Housing Authority (GHA) administers a variety of housing programs sponsored by both the State and Federal Government. - - These programs include: Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program (private sector apartments with rents subsidized by the Federal Government) State-Aided Family, Elderly / Handicapped units Shared living in Congregate Elderly Housing (these apartments are owned by the State and managed by the GHA).