Address:2001 W Northside DrClinton, MS 39056Map & Directions
Services: Provides basic services such as transportation, financial assistance food and support services.
Congregate Meals/Nutrition Sites, Electric Service Payment Assistance, Food Pantries, Gas Service Payment Assistance, General Clothing Provision, General Furniture Provision, Heating Fuel Payment Assistance, Home Delivered Meals, Mortgage Payment Assistance, Occasional Emergency Food Assistance, Ongoing Emergency Food Assistance, Rent Payment Assistance, Senior Ride Programs, Telephone Service Payment Assistance, Temporary Financial Assistance, Thrift Shops, Water Service Payment Assistance
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Eligibility: Anyone in need of service in clinton school district
Documents To Bring: Proof of Residency
Address:417 Ash StJackson, MS 39203Map & Directions
Services: A Christian based center providing emergency food to the elderly and families in distress.
Congregate Meals/Nutrition Sites, Food Pantries
Clothing Vouchers, Congregate Meals/Nutrition Sites, Emergency Food, Food Pantries
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Eligibility: Seniors; Low-Income
Documents To Bring: Call for details
Address:530 Mission 66Vicksburg, MS 39183Map & Directions
Services: This agency is providing emergency assistance to the needy. Services Include: food, clothing, furniture, and utility assistance for the elderly and disabled, meals, programming for children grades 1-12, and visits to nursing homes and shutins, limited transportation assistance.
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Eligibility: Anyone in need of service
Address:1415 Mike AveLake Providence, LA 71254Map & Directions
Services: SERVICES OFFERED: - - Provides rural housing rental assistance to low-income families throughout East Carroll Parish and outside city limits of Lake Providence -
Eligibility: Must meet income guidelines as defined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Address:209 Hood StLake Providence, LA 71254Map & Directions
Services: SERVICES OFFERED: - - HANDLES SECTION 8 HOUSING - RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FOR EAST CARROLL PARISH INCLUDING CITY LIMITS OF LAKE PROVIDENCE
Eligibility: Families must be of low to moderate income as defined by HUD.
Address:600 1st StLake Providence, LA 71254Map & Directions
Services: 1. Advocacy-Action on behalf of older persons to secure needed services and benefits.
2. Homemaker Program
3. Information & Referral
4. Material Aid
5. Medical Alert
6. Nutrition-Congregate and home delivered meals
8. Personal Care
10. Utility Assistance - for low-income elderly and handicapped. Heating Help: an emergency energy assistance program provided to low-income elderly and handicapped each year.
11. Wellness Program and pursuits such as arts, recreation,crafts,hobbies,travel,games,sports,
12. Sitter Service - A list of older persons who serve as sitters for children or elderly is maintained at the Center.
13. Volunteer Opportunities - Volunteers from the community assist with each of the programs provided by ECCOA.
14. Material Aid - Goods or surplus food, clothing, smoke detectors, eyeglasses, medical equipment, security devices,etc.
15. Pro Bono Legal Services
16. Adult Education & Training - Supportive service which provides older individuals with opportunities to acquire knowledge & skills suited to their interests,needs & capabilities through either formal academic courses or informal methods.
17. Assessment/Screening - Assisting older persons in attaining & maintaining a favorable health condition by helping them to identify & utilize necessary preventive medical care. Regular blood pressure checks, exercising classes, eye screening, glaucoma tests, audio screening, foot care, and lectures by physicians, nurses, and other medical personnel.
Hours: 7 am - 2 pm, Monday - Thursday
8 am - 1 pm, Friday
Eligibility: 60+, Male or Female; reside in East Carroll Parish.
Documents To Bring: Must submit an application.
Address:409 2nd StLake Providence, LA 71254Map & Directions
2.Energy Assistance-(LIHEAP)Financial assistance with electric or gas bills,when available.
3.Emergency Food and Shelter Program-Financial assistance with rent,utilities,and food;when available.
4.Clothing Bank-Used clothing, household goods,and occasionally furniture and appliances given to those in need.
5.Assistance in filling out applications.
6.Outreach and Referral.
7.Prescription Medication Program
9.Assist in completing Drug Program Applications
10.Senior Food Program
12.Weatherization application referral.
Hours: 8 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday
VITA - January 15 - April 18
2:30 pm - 6:00 pm; Mon, Wed, Thurs
Eligibility: Based on household income on all except FEMA.
Documents To Bring: Telephone
VITA by appointment only