Address:3010 Overseas HwyMarathon, FL 33050Map & Directions
Services: KAIR is a non-profit organization seeking to serve those Middle Keys individuals and families in crisis. Services provided by KAIR include:
* Food: Pre-made meals for the homeless and transients and bags of groceries are distributed for those are able to cook. Thanksgiving and Christmas Feast Baskets
* Medical and Dental: Assistance with prescriptions, co-pays to the clinic, and for medical appointments
* Optical: Assistance with prescription glasses
* Rent: Assistance to make a security deposit or a grant towards rent
* Utilities: Water, electric, basic phone line
* Transportation: Gas voucher, greyhound, local bus fare
* ID Documents: Birth certificates, ID, work documents
* School Supplies:Provides back-to-school backpacks, school supplies
* "Live Aboards" Assistance: Provides sanitation devices and toilet hosing kits to maintain live aboard boats in Boot Key Harbor
* Wish List Program: In-Kind donations of household goods, furniture, cars, clothing, baby items, etc., are delivered to KAIR on a daily basis and distributed to Keys residents for free.
Hours: 9:00am-12:00pm, Mon, Thur, Fri;
Eligibility: :Open to all the Keys individuals and families in crisisIs
Documents To Bring: None
Address:2706 Flagler Ave # 11Key West, FL 33040Map & Directions
Services: Provides assistance and appropriate referrals to individuals and families in the Monroe County area to prevent homelessness, or rapidly re-house homeless families and individuals.
Services offered include:
* Rent/mortgage assistance
* Utility assistance
* Dockage Fee
* Case management including assessment and referrals
Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm, Mon-Fri
Eligibility: :* Resident of Monroe County.
* Homeless or at risk of homelessness.
* Must have a notice of eviction or late payment for rent/mortgage, and/or dockage.
* Income restrictions may apply, please contact us for more details.Is
Documents To Bring: Intake/application completed with case manager
Address:2221 Patterson AveKey West, FL 33040Map & Directions
Services: The Florida Keys Outreach Coalition (FKOC for the Homeless) provides emergency shelter, transitional and permanent supportive housing for homeless individuals and families. FKOC provides homeless prevention services when funding permits. Prevention assistance includes rental assistance, utility assistance, transportation for work and medical appointments, assistance with medical and dental co-pays, assistance with required work supplies, and childcare assistance. An assessment process must be completed prior to any assistance being offered. Assistance is not guaranteed.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Eligibility: :Homeless individuals and familiesHandicap Accessible? YesAccessibility:FKOC offers two fully handicap accessible unitsIs
Documents To Bring: Applicants must complete a brief intake prior to receiving services
Address:1100 Simonton St # 1190Key West, FL 33040Map & Directions
Services: Assistance offered:
* Rental Assistance
* Medical & pharmacy costs
* Food Assistance
* Utility payment
* Personal care items
* Clothing Assistance
* Bayshore Manor Admissions
* Indigent Burials and Cremations
* Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
* Elderly Home Energy Assistance Program (EHEAP)
No cash grants are available; bills are paid directly to service providers.
Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm, Mon-Fri
Eligibility: :Must meet financial criteria and provide a physicians statement of inability to work or have a pending application for Social Security Disability.
Emergency disaster situations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.Is
Documents To Bring: Call for intake questions.
Address:1075 Duval StKey West, FL 33040Map & Directions
Services: The Sister Season Fund, Inc. is an effort by devoted Key West people to help locals employed in tourist related industries when a temporary financial emergency occurs through no fault of their own. There are times when those; especially in the service, entertainment and sales business; need some extra help to get over a 'bad time'. This non-profit has been formed to attempt to raise money for those tough times.
The fund assists with rent short falls and basic utility bills while recuperating from their illness or personal disaster, but will also attempt to help with uncovered medical expenses.
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Eligibility: :People in in the service, entertainment and sales industries who live year-round in the 33040 zip code.Handicap Accessible? NoIs
Documents To Bring: Visit the website to download an application or find an application at any Centennial Bank in the area