Address:4830 W Kennedy BlvdTampa, FL 33609Map & Directions
Services: Wounded Heroes in Florida with VA Disability Rating of 20% or more, any branch of military service who have been severely wounded and disables while serving our country.
a. Emergency Financial Assistance
b. Family Unity Services
c. Career Transition Services
Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm Mon-Fri
Eligibility: Florida, 20% VA Disability rating; All military branches; Iraq and Afghanistan and current conflicts
Documents To Bring: Hero Application Form and registrynetwork.org application.
Must submit DD-214 and VA Disability Rating letter, financials.
Address:1392 N Church AveMulberry, FL 33860Map & Directions
Services: Programs that purchase necessary prescription drugs for people who cannot afford to pay for the drugs themselves, who would be in an emergency situation without assistance and who qualify for this assistance on the basis of income or need.
Hours: 9 - 4, M - Th; 9 - 11:30, F
Address:72 Lake Morton DrLakeland, FL 33801Map & Directions
Services: Religious Affiliation
Address:801 Florida Ave SLakeland, FL 33801Map & Directions
Services: Helps families with food, baby formula, diapers and clothing.
Hours: 8am-2pm, M-F
Address:122 E Main St #215Lakeland, FL 33801Map & Directions
Services: The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research,education, advocacy and service.
Hours: 9-5, M-F
Address:163 FL-580Oldsmar, FL 34677Map & Directions
Services: Oldsmar Cares is a 5.01(c)(3) non-profit which provides rent and utility assistance, a food pantry, and a clothes closet, all at no cost to those in need in the Oldsmar area.
- Food Pantry: Those who live in zip codes 34677, 34695, 33615, or 33635 may visit our food pantry once a month to receive 2 bags of groceries.
- Clothes Closet: Those who live in zip codes 34677, 34695, 33615, or 33635 may visit our clothes closet twice a month to take up to 2 bags of clothes per visit.
- Rent or Mortgage Assistance / Utility Assistance: For those residing in the 34677 zip code only.
- limited to 2 visits per year (maximum $200)
- up to $100 per visit for rent or mortgage, OR up to $60 per visit for utilities
Hours: Food Pantry and Monetary Assistance: Tuesday and Friday, 9:00a - 12:00 noon.
Food Pantry and Clothes Closet: 1st and 3rd Saturdays, 9:00a - 12:00 noon.
Eligibility: :The food pantry and clothes closet are open to all in the 34677, 34695, 33615, or 33635.
The Rent/Mortgage and Utility assistance is limited to individuals and families residing in zip code 34677 only.
Rent or Mortgage Assistance / Utility Assistance:
- limited to two visits per year (maximum $200)
- up to $100 per visit for rent or mortgage, OR
- up to $60 per visit for utilities
Documents To Bring: Call. Documents that will be needed:
- Electric bill assistance: Copy of the utility bill is required-funds are paid directly to Tampa Electric.
- Water bill assistance: Copy of the City of Oldsmar water bill is required - funds are paid directly to the City of Oldsmar.
- Rent assistance: The rental lease signed by the tenant and landlord, or a late notice issued by the landlord, is required.
- Mortgage assistance: Copy of the mortgage payment document is required.
Address:2135 Marshall Edwards DrBartow, FL 33830Map & Directions
Services: The Individual Services Section, through its Case Managers, provides a wide array of social work services for eligible Polk County residents These services include eligibility determination for the Polk Health Care Plan, Primary care Program, limited financial assistance for shelter, utilities, food, clothing and transportation Other services include arranging for burial/cremation services as well as assisting clients in completing applications for other available State and Federal programs case managers perform health care enrollment and orientation, assist with resource referrals, client education and client advocacy in a community based setting Out-posted locations throughout the County include: Bartow, Auburndale/Winter Haven, Lakeland and Lake Wales.
Hours: 8-5, M-F
Address:495 E Summerlin StBartow, FL 33830Map & Directions
Services: Helps families in times of crisis with clothing, household items and food.
Hours: 9-2, M, Tu, Th, F; 9-Noon, W
Address:314 S Lincoln AveClearwater, FL 33756Map & Directions
Services: Provides rental assistance to **FULL-TIME, EMPLOYED** single parents OR intact families WITH children. Also provides budget counseling Single individuals without children do NOT qualify for assistance DOES NOT HELP WITH DEPOSITS OR UTILITIES. *Not an emergency shelter*
Hours: 9:00a-5:00p, Monday-Friday; answering machine available.
Eligibility: **FULL-TIME, EMPLOYED** single parents OR intact families with children ONLY.
Single individuals without children are NOT eligible.
Documents To Bring: People are seen by appointment ONLY. Call for more information.
Address:1521 Druid RdClearwater, FL 33756Map & Directions
Services: Provides *LIMITED* financial assistance for utilities. Maximum utility assistance is $100 for payment of a utility bill - *Can NOT assist in cases where utilities have been shut off already. DOES NOT HELP WITH UTILITY DEPOSITS Assistance is offered one time a year per family/individual.
Does NOT provide rental assistance
Provides a 3-day supply of emergency food Clients can walk in and request food during business hours
Hours: 8:30a-4:30p,Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday; 10:00a-4:30p, Tuesday. (By appointment only)
Eligibility: Maximum utility assistance is $100 for payment of a utility bill
Serves North of Ulmerton Rd. (Belleair, Bellair Beach, Belleair Bluffs, Belleair Shores, Largo, Clearwater, Safety Harbor and Dunedin).
Utility Assistance Requirements
1. Live in our service area zip codes
2. You may receive assistance once a year and 3 times in a lifetime
3. Assistance is not available for utility deposit payments
4. Utility bill must be past due with supporting documentation.
5. Bill must be in the requestor's name to receive assistance
Documents To Bring: Must come into Clearwater office with current bill and photo ID to be screened for a possible appointment.