Address:1509 Hancock StQuincy, MA 02169Map & Directions
Services: May be able to provide financial assistance with rent or mortgage payments, it can also be used for a security deposit on an apartment. Assistance is limited to $1,000.
Address:105 Adams StQuincy, MA 02169Map & Directions
Services: Provides information and referral, financial assistance and counseling to families at risk for homelessness due to financial hardship. Assistance with overdue rent and security deposits, utilities assistance as well as assistance with dentures, eye glasses, hearing aids, and adaptive technology for the visually impaired.
Address:6 Baxter StQuincy, MA 02169Map & Directions
Services: Provides services that include food pantries, rent payment assistance, electric bill payment assistance, gas bill payment assistance, christmas baskets, food, and holiday gifts/toys. - - For Holiday assistance proof of residency, household income and expenses are needed.
Address:41 Garrison RdBrookline, MA 02445Map & Directions
Services: Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) is a homeless prevention program that may be able to assist individuals and families living in Brookline, Newton, Waltham or Watertown who are currently facing eviction. Each individual or family must meet income eligibility requirements and must also be currently involved with housing court. Following an initial assessment, those who are eligible may receive financial assistance and/or case management services with the ESG Coordinator. To learn more about ESG, please contact Lolita Gonsalves-Alston, LICSW, ESG Program Coordinator.
Address:1000 Commonwealth AvenueNewton Center, MA 02459Map & Directions
Services: Provides full service general social service for families (casework).
- Provides aid and assistance to families with children, elder households and single adults.
- Aid can be: emergency food for Newton Residents, utility and rent assistance (Perpetual Benevolent Fund), consumer mediation services. Financial assistance is limited and may not be available.
- Other services include: ABCD Fuel Assistance intake site, Newton specific-trust funds, Community service provider outreach, hoarding committee (municipal)
- Also provides mortgage payment assistance, rent payment assistance, local officials offices and specialized information and referral.
Services: Provides financial help to residents who are faced with a temporary but severe financial problem.
- Grants are for one-time specific needs and not for on-going expenses. An applicant must complete an application and return it to the Director of the Cousens Fund at the above address. After the form is received, the director will call the applicant for an interview. The Trustees of the Fund make the decision to approve or not to approve the request at their monthly meeting.
- Service includes mortgage payment assistance, rent payment assistance, electric bill payment assistance and gas bill payment assistance.
Address:185 Columbia RdDorchester, MA 02125Map & Directions
Services: Provides direct service as a community service center of Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of Boston in Dorchester at the new Yawkey Center, in Somerville, and in other Boston neighborhoods through an array of programs and services. Services includes adult education, rent and mortgage assistance, baby supplies, expectant parent and teen parent support, child care, elder services, ESOL, family support, food pantry, shelter, youth education. Also provides holiday food donation. - - All are designed to address the complex issues that many individuals and families face today. - - Low-income and income-eligible individuals and families who are Boston residents, favoring Dorchester and Roxbury. Proof of residence and identification, current bills.
Address:275 W BroadwayBoston, MA 02127Map & Directions
Services: Provides direct service in South Boston through an array of programs and services. Services include basic needs, such as rent/mortgage assistance, child care, counseling, education and training - Home Health AideTraining Program, post adoption search, youth mentoring and youth tutoring, pregnancy counseling and support.
Address:105 Chauncy St # 502Boston, MA 02111Map & Directions
Services: HomeStart provides housing search and information, single room occupancy housing, residential placement services for people with disabilities and representative payee services.
- To assist people to get off the street they have a large shelter network; assist with all types of rental modalities, provide housing search and information, residential placement for people with disabilities, they help with rental deposit assistance to their clients only, rooming house or single room occupancy (SRO) situations, and Representative Payees to disabled persons, as well as financial fluency.
Address:1411 Tremont StRoxbury Crossing, MA 02120Map & Directions
Services: Ensures that the region's low- and moderate-income individuals and families have choice and mobility in finding and retaining decent affordable housing.
- Programs and initiatives are designed to encourage housing stability, increased economic self-sufficiency.
- Service includes transitional housing/shelter, rent payment assistance, home barrier evaluation/removal, home rehabilitation programs, housing counseling, housing search and information, low income/subsidized private rental housing, VITA programs and mortgage foreclosure information, mortgage delinquency, and default resolution counseling, specialized information and referral regarding housing issues, and landlord/tenant assistance.