Address:100 Everett Ave #14Chelsea, MA 02150Map & Directions
(1 Mile Away)
Services: Operates programs and encourages initiatives to eradicate poverty by uniting public and private sectors, and promotes self-sufficiency and developing problem-solving skills for people and communities.
- Financial assistance is limited and may not be available. Some programs have income guidelines. Serves Chelsea, Revere, East Boston, Winthrop for housing.
- Service includes energy conservation improvements, mortgage payment assistance, rent payment assistance, housing search and information, electric bill payment assistance, gas bill payment assistance, child abuse prevention, spouse/domestic partner abuse prevention, early intervention for children with disabilities/delays, case/care management and family based services. Most Community Action Agencies VITA, Financial Education, and Credit Counseling
Address:213 Main StMalden, MA 02148Map & Directions
Services: Food Pantry: - -Available Monday through Friday | 10:00am - 2:00pm - (by appointment) - -We have an OPEN pantry, which allows individuals to choose food items which will best suit the dietary needs and desires of their family. - -Those receiving SNAP benefits can use our food pantry once a month, 2 weeks after receving SNAP benefits. - -Those NOT receiving SNAP benefits must present: Current pay stub, ID and current utility bill to determine financial eligibility. - Please call 781.324.1970 ext. 301 for an appointment. - - Emergency Financial Assistance: - -Available Monday through Friday | 10:00am - 2:00pm - (by appointment) - -Emergency financial assistance is available for utility bills, heating oil, rent, furniture and clothing. - -Payment to the utility or landlord is provided to avoid disconnection of utility services, eviction and/or heating oil. - -Furniture is provided in the event of disaster (flood, fire or other natural disasters and situations of domestic violence). A voucher may be given to The Salvation Army Thrift Store; transportation of items is the responsibility of the beneficiary. - -Beneficiaries must provide the following: - -Proof of income for all members of household - -Proof of ALL expenses - -Birth Certificates or ID for all members of household - -Shut Off Notice, Eviction Notice, Domestic Violence Report, Fire/Flood Report - Please call 781.324.1970 ext. 301 for an appointment - - Good Neighbor Energy Fund: - -Available Monday through Friday | 10:00am - 2:00pm - (by appointment) - - -Opens for the season on January 2, 2015. For eligibility information, visit magoodneigbhor.org. Please call for further details. - Holiday Assistance: - -Available for Thanksgiving and Christmas for residents of Malden, Medford, Melrose and Everett - Click here for details - - Camp Wonderland: - -Slots are available for the SUMMER MONTHS for youth ages 6-16 to attend 1 week at Camp Wonderland in Sharon, MA. - - -Fee is $50.00 per children - please call for more information and availability. Discounts apply for families.
Address:185 Columbia RdDorchester, MA 02125Map & Directions
Services: Provides direct service as a community service center of Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of Boston in Dorchester at the new Yawkey Center, in Somerville, and in other Boston neighborhoods through an array of programs and services. Services includes adult education, rent and mortgage assistance, baby supplies, expectant parent and teen parent support, child care, elder services, ESOL, family support, food pantry, shelter, youth education. Also provides holiday food donation. - - All are designed to address the complex issues that many individuals and families face today. - - Low-income and income-eligible individuals and families who are Boston residents, favoring Dorchester and Roxbury. Proof of residence and identification, current bills.
Address:275 W BroadwayBoston, MA 02127Map & Directions
Services: Provides direct service in South Boston through an array of programs and services. Services include basic needs, such as rent/mortgage assistance, child care, counseling, education and training - Home Health AideTraining Program, post adoption search, youth mentoring and youth tutoring, pregnancy counseling and support.
Address:105 Chauncy St # 502Boston, MA 02111Map & Directions
Services: HomeStart provides housing search and information, single room occupancy housing, residential placement services for people with disabilities and representative payee services.
- To assist people to get off the street they have a large shelter network; assist with all types of rental modalities, provide housing search and information, residential placement for people with disabilities, they help with rental deposit assistance to their clients only, rooming house or single room occupancy (SRO) situations, and Representative Payees to disabled persons, as well as financial fluency.
Address:1411 Tremont StRoxbury Crossing, MA 02120Map & Directions
Services: Ensures that the region's low- and moderate-income individuals and families have choice and mobility in finding and retaining decent affordable housing.
- Programs and initiatives are designed to encourage housing stability, increased economic self-sufficiency.
- Service includes transitional housing/shelter, rent payment assistance, home barrier evaluation/removal, home rehabilitation programs, housing counseling, housing search and information, low income/subsidized private rental housing, VITA programs and mortgage foreclosure information, mortgage delinquency, and default resolution counseling, specialized information and referral regarding housing issues, and landlord/tenant assistance.
Address:26 Court St #9Boston, MA 02108Map & Directions
Services: The Rental Housing Resource Center provides advice, information, and assistance to Boston landlords and tenants who have problems or questions about rental housing issues.
- Service includes housing counseling, mediation, and assistance to those displaced by fire or other emergency.
Address:600 Washington StreetBoston, MA 02111Map & Directions
Services: FOR VETERANS ONLY
- Residential Assistance to Families in Transition (RAFT) is a state-funded homelessness prevention program that provides short-term financial assistance to low-income families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. RAFT also helps families who have to move but do not have enough money to pay a security deposit, utility start-up costs, or first/last month's rent.
Address:581 Boylston St # 705Boston, MA 02116Map & Directions
Services: S.W.A.N. Society in Boston provides support for widowed, divorced or single women who are over 65 and in need of financial aid.
- Provides one-time-only emergency grants as well as regular stipends to a small number of individuals.
- Sercvices include home rehibilitation programs, rent, electric bill, gas bill, medical bill prescription expence payment assistance,
- Widowed, divorced or single women over 65. Emergency/regular grants; restricted to 25 miles from State House.
Address:1500 Washington StBoston, MA 02118Map & Directions
Services: The Salvation Army provides services that include food pantries, rent payment assistance, electric bill payment assistance, gas bill payment assistance, utility payment assistance, christmas baskets, thanksgiving baskets and prescription expense assistance. Preregistration for Thanksgiving is required.