Address:10 Main St #221North Adams, MA 01247Map & Directions
Services: The North Adams Community Development Office assists low income individuals and families with housing expenses and with loans for certain home repairs.
- Services include: Mortgage Payment Assistance and Rent Payment Assistance.
Address:68 Marshall StNorth Adams, MA 01247Map & Directions
Services: One-time, short-term family assistance with a particular focus on needs not served by other agencies. Not to be contacted for emergency assistance. Should be used only as a LAST RESORT resource for people in need of help.
Address:41 Mahaiwe StGreat Barrington, MA 01230Map & Directions
Services: Homelessness Prevention provides rent payment assistance, personal finances/budget counseling, homeless financial assistance programs and case/care management.
- Direct Grants:To assist households with back-rent or other financial crises that might jeopardize their stability in housing.
- Financial Planning: Households recieving direct financial assistance meet with a counselor to develop a financial plan for stabilizing their situation and assess other factors contributing to housing crisis.
- Case Management: A case manager is available to help a household access and coordinate other community resources.
Address:332 Orchard Rd # 10Bennington, VT 05201Map & Directions
Services: Firewood Stockpiling, Utility Assistance
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:00am-4:30pm, by appointment or walk in
Eligibility: Adults 18 years and older who meet income guidelines and are experiencing a fuel emergencyy, and/or whose furnace was red-tagged. ShareHeat is for CVPS customers only. Individuals will also be referred to the seasonal fuel program.
Documents To Bring: For electrical service, a shut off notice is required for crisis fuel and electrical help. Proof is required for all income of every household member, and receipts for expenses paid in the last 30 days.
Address:52 Corporate CirAlbany, NY 12203Map & Directions
Services: homebuying home ownership home refinancing HUD homes for sale and how to buy one rental assistance programs relocation, foreclosure and eviction services for the homeless housing discrimination
Hours: Hours of operation:Mon: 7:30am 4pmTue: 7:30am 4pmWed: 7:30am 4pmThu: 7:30am 4pmFri: 7:30am 4pm
Address:59 Interstate Dr # 10West Springfield, MA 01089Map & Directions
Services: Mass Housing lends money at rates below the conventional market to support affordable rental and home ownership opportunities for low- and moderate-income residents of Massachusetts.
- Home Saver is a counseling and loan program that helps borrowers who were victimized by unfair lending practices. It is a proactive step that home owners take before their mortgage becomes unaffordable, and before foreclosure becomes a real possibility. Home Saver includes a mandatory counseling component and a refinancing of your existing loan
- Households with gross annual incomes that meet the federal "low to moderate" guidelines.
- Service includes mortgage foreclosure assistance.
Address:107 Main StFalls Village, CT 06031Map & Directions
Services: Electric Service Payment Assistance, Gas Service Payment Assistance, Heating Fuel Payment Assistance
Hours: T,W: 8am-3pm; Th: 9:30am-12noon
Eligibility: Resident of Canaan (Falls Village); Income restriction
Address:322 Main StSpringfield, MA 01105Map & Directions
Services: Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program serves more than 5,000 very low-income tenants with rental assistance under federal Section 8 Programs and the Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program.
- HAP has an active Family Self-Sufficiency Program, providing supportive services to help Section 8 recipients make the transition from welfare to work and achieve economic independence.
- HAP is part of the statewide Section 8 program, under subcontract with the Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development, and only one application is needed to become part of the Section 8 statewide waiting list. Although the statewide waiting list is very long and resources have been limited in recent years, eligible applicants are encouraged to submit an application and be sure to inform HAP when their address changes.
Address:65 Elliot StSpringfield, MA 01105Map & Directions
Services: The Homecoming Project – Rapid Re-housing, ESG, Prevention & Diversion - - Rental assistance in the form of rental arrears up to 3 months – exceptions may be made for up to 6 months of assistance with authorization of the social service coordinator. , or last month’s rent and security deposit may be offered to qualifying single individuals who meet the HUD definition of at risk of homelessness or homeless definition: - summary process notice court agreement condemnation fire domestic violence (YWCA referral) - - General Eligibility Criteria: - 1.Individual has household without Children - 2.Must have a connection to Springfield ( Work or live in Springfield) - 3.Proof of income (Gross income) – below 30% of area medium income as determined by HUD - (One person: $16, 800, two: $19,200, three: $21,600) - 4.Rent should not exceed 60% of the individuals monthly gross income* - - Please contact Friends of the Homeless at 413-734-3069 if you are homeless and meet one of the homeless criteria listed below. Please contact Catholic Charities at 413-452-0605 if you are at risk of becoming homeless due to eviction from housing in Springfield.
Address:30 Salmon Kill RdLakeville, CT 06039Map & Directions
Hours: M,Th: 8:30am-3:30pm
Eligibility: Resident of Salisbury; Emergency situation