Address:111 8th StGaylord, MN 55334Map & Directions
(1 Mile Away)
Services: Emergency assistance for utility shut offs, foreclosure, and evictions (rent only, no deposit assistance).
Eligibility: Sibley County residents with children under age 21. Can re-apply once every 18 months.
Address:1231 Ford Ave NGlencoe, MN 55336Map & Directions
Services: - Able to use once every 12 months - - - Individual must not have quit or refused a job within the past 30 days - - - Vendor payment made to landlord or utility company - - - Assists with electric service payment assistance, first month's rent payment assistance, gas service payment assistance, heating fuel payment assistance, rental deposit assistance, utility deposit assistance, and water service payment assistance
Eligibility: - Single adults and married adults without children who have been residents of Minnesota for at least 30 days
- Must have income less than 200% of the federal poverty guideline for the previous calendar year
Address:622 S Front StSaint Peter, MN 56082Map & Directions
Services: Emergency assistance is short-term, one-time assistance for persons in a financial crisis because of fire, flood, storm, illness, accident, theft, utility shut-off, eviction, foreclosure, moving expense, necessary home repairs, or need for furniture or appliance replacement or repair. Able to use once a year only. - - NOTE: Client may also be eligible for Emergency Assistance and/or Emergency Medical Assistance.
Eligibility: Residents of Nicollet County
Address:105 2nd Ave SW #2Hutchinson, MN 55350Map & Directions
Services: Through a voucher system administered by on-call volunteers from member churches, funds are set up to help those who fall in between the cracks of other assistance. Vouchers are provided for electric service, gas money, gas service, heating fuel, rental deposit assistance, rent payment assistance and water service. Vouchers do not cover the amount of a total client's bill, the client must pay some of the bill on their own. Volunteers provide spiritual ministry as well as ministry of meeting requesting person's basic needs for emergency food and shelter.
Eligibility: - Residents of McLeod County who have been denied assistance by McLeod County Social Services and Heartland (through Salvation Army)
Address:88 S Park AveLe Center, MN 56057Map & Directions
Services: - Available once every 12 months depending on availability of funds
- - - Applicant cannot be a current recipient of DWP of MFIP
- - - Applicant must not have refused to accept employment or quit a job without good cause
- - - Applicant must be without resources to meet the emergency need
- - - Assistance provided must resolve the crisis and enhance the stability of the unit
- - - Applicant must have spent at least 50% of their income in the last 60 days towards basic need items. If emergency is a utility disconnection, applicant must have made at least one payment to the vendor in the past 12 months.
- - - Financial aid is provided in the form of direct payment to the vendor
- - - Car Repair and Expenses: Financial assistance provided for expenses necessary for the safety or to abide by the law to maintain a vehicle to maintain employment may be paid. Proof of current insurance and title showing the vehicle belongs to the applicant must be presented. These expenses will be paid only if no other vehicle is available for use to maintain/search for employment or use of another vehicle available would result in another person in the applicant's household losing their employment. Car must be certified by a mechanic that the vehicle will be safe to drive after the repairs are made prior to the work being done.
- - - Mortgage: When a home is owned, occupied and maintained by the applicant, funds may be issued for mortgage or contract for deed (balloon payment, insurance or property tax delinquencies) arrears. May only be issued when no subsequent foreclosure action is expected within the 12 months following the issuance. May only be issued when the applicant has been refused refinancing through a bank or other lending instituion.
- - - Moving Expenses: For expenses incurred when a unit must move to a different shelter. Includes cost to transport personal property belonging to the unit and and cost for utility connection.
- - - Property Taxes: When a home is owned, occupied and maintained by the applicant, funds may be issued for back taxes in instances of foreclosue or forfeiture of property
- - - Rent Payment: Funds provided to prevent eviction from rented or leased shelter. Will not be issued for rent unless the applicant is named as a lessee on the lease/sublease. Will not be issued for payment of late fees.
- - - Rental/Utility Deposit: Amount eligible for damage deposit is equal to no more than the amount of one month of the rent. Financial assistance is limited to one month of rent and a damage deposit for entry into a new rental agreement. Assistance will not be issued for a damage deposit after the applicant has already moved into the rented or leased shelter. Assistance will not be issued for a damage deposit when an applicant is not named as a lessee on the lease/sublease.
- - - Utilities: Funds provided for utility costs when an otherwise eligible applicant has had a termination or is threatened with a termination of municipal water and sewer service, electric, gas or heating fuel service, or refuse removal service, or lacks wood when that is the heating source NOTE: Client may also be eligible for Emergency Assistance, and/or Emergency Medical Assistance.
Eligibility: - Individuals and married couples not pregnant nor parents of children under age 18
- Annual net income must be at or below 200% Federal Poverty Guideline for the previous year
Address:422 Belgrade Ave #102Mankato, MN 56003Map & Directions
Services: Rent assistance for income-eligible families. - - Eligible families and individuals select their own rental units. These units must meet the program's housing quality standards (compliance is determined by a physical inspection of the rental unit) and landlords must be willing to participate in the program. - - Tenants receive rental assistance based on income and household size. Eligible families or individuals pay 30% - 40% of gross annual income toward rent, with South Central MN Multi-County HRA paying the remaining balance.
Eligibility: Residents of Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca, and Watonwan counties
Address:12 Civic Center Plaza # 2090Mankato, MN 56001Map & Directions
Services: Provides supportive services for veterans and their families who are experiencing homelessness or who are in danger of becoming homeless. Services include:
- - - Information and assistance for food, utilities, housing, employment and legal issues
- - - Financial assistance with rent, mortgage and transportation needs
- - - Coordination of chemical dependency treatment, mental health treatment, day care, life skills training, educational services, family support, gambling addiction treatment, transportation, money management training and/or counseling, re-establishment of socialization skills, training to increase basic living skills and/or income to prepare for obtaining and retaining permanent housing.
Eligibility: Veterans that are homeless or who are in danger of becoming homeless, statewide in Minnesota.
Address:706 N Victory DrMankato, MN 56001Map & Directions
Services: - Assistance with past due rent to maintain housing as well as rental assistance in relocation to permanent affordable housing. - - - Assistance with one time housing funds to help people maintain or obtain housing. - - - Assistance includes: case management for several months and one-time payment to resolve housing crisis.
Eligibility: Low income residents of Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca, and Watonwan counties;
- Live, work or attend school in the nine-county area
- Currently homeless or at imminent risk of losing housing (doubled-up situations are looked at on a case by case basis)
- Income eligibility (under 175% of the Federal Poverty Guideline)
- Housing affordability (basic housing costs-rent, electricity, gas, etc. less than 50% of net income)
- Ability to resolve crisis with their own or with other agencies’ resources
- Willingness to participate in follow up services and cooperation with past follow up requirements
- Length of time since past enrollment
- Likelihood that household will be able to maintain housing
- Cooperation with employment service programs
Address:410 S 5th StMankato, MN 56001Map & Directions
Services: Emergency assistance is short-term, one-time assistance for persons in a financial crisis because of fire, flood, storm, illness, accident, theft, utility shut-off, eviction, foreclosure, moving expense, necessary home repairs, or need for furniture or appliance replacement or repair. - - Able to use once a year only.
Eligibility: Emergency General Assistance (EGA) meets the emergency needs of single adults or childless married couples who are in a crisis situation such as evictions or utility shutoffs.
Address:500 S Maple StWaconia, MN 55387Map & Directions
Services: Helps patients pay their bills while they undergo treatment for cancer. Pays essential living expenses (car repair, electricity, heat, medical, mortgage, phone, rent, and water) so patients can focus on getting well. Maximum payment for patients receiving treatment is $1,500/year. Prefers to pay larger bills instead of multiple smaller bills. If a bill exceeds $1,500, the organization will pay $1,500 towards the bill. Financial assistance is provided directly to the creditor, not the individual requesting it.
Eligibility: Women undergoing treatment for cancer (breast, cervical, endometrial, ovarian and uterine) who are patients at Buffalo Hospital, Fairview Northland Medical Center, Fairview Maple Grove Medical Center, Glencoe Regional Health Services, Hennepin County Medical Center - HCMC, Maple Grove Hospital, Mercy Hospital, Monticello Cancer Center, North Memorial Health Care, Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, Ridgeview Medical Center, Ridgeview Sibley Medical Center, Unity Hospital and University of Minnesota Medical Center