Address:223 S Macoupin StGillespie, IL 62033Map & Directions
(1 Mile Away)
Services: Community Action Corporation covering Calhoun, Jersey, Greene and Macoupin Counties in Illinois.
Hours: Mon-Fri - 8:00am to 12:00pm (Noon) and 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Closed on state holidays
Eligibility: No Restrictions
Address:49 S 9th StEast Alton, IL 62024Map & Directions
Services: Township office located in East Alton, Illinois offering food vouchers, rent and utility assistance.
Hours: Mon-Fri - 8:30am to 4:30pm
Eligibility: - Bill must be in applicants name
- Must be age 18 or older unless emancipated, with little or no income
- Must be a township resident
- If individual has children under age 19 years, then they must go to DHS first to apply for cash assistance or TANF
- If client is receiving Social Security or SSI or if client has a job and gross wages are approximately $600.00 might not qualify
- If client receives unemployment, could be eligible, but unemployment benefits must be minimal
Address:408 E BroadwayAlton, IL 62002Map & Directions
Services: To empower African Americans and others throughout the region in securing economic self-reliance, social equality and civil rights. The Urban League will be the catalyst for this change through advocacy, coalition building, program services and by promoting communication and understanding among different races and cultures.
Hours: Mon-Thu - 8:00am to 4:00pm
Closed for lunch 12:00pm (noon) to 1:00pm
Eligibility: - Low-income at-risk households
- Households that contain a member with a medical condition that can be improved by air conditioning, such as asthma, emphysema, coronary disease and terminal illnesses
- Households that contain a member that is elderly age 60 years and older
- Households that contain children less than age 60 months as of the date of application
- Households that contain a member receiving Social Security Disability benefits or with a pending determination case at the Social Security Administration
- Current PIPP (Percentage of Income Payment Plan) participating households that are receiving PIPP benefits on their electric ARE NOT eligible for summer cooling assistance
- Also households that received PIPP benefits anytime during the period of September 2013 through August 31, 2014 ARE NOT eligible for summer cooling assistance
- Income guidelines exist, call for details
Address:100 E Broadway # AAlton, IL 62002Map & Directions
Services: Township assisting with rent, food, personal essentials, water/sewer.
Hours: Mon-Fri - 8:30am to 4:00pm
Eligibility: Call for eligibility requirements
Address:157 N Main St #115Edwardsville, IL 62025Map & Directions
Services: Veterans' Assistance Commission of Madison County Inc.
Hours: Mon-Fri - 8:30am to 4:30pm, excluding federal holidays
Eligibility: - Honorably Discharged Military Veterans and their families who reside in Madison County, Illinois
- This financial assistance is not designed to be an ongoing financial supportive program over any considerable time; it is to provide the bare necessities of life for short-term emergency assistance
- Students are not eligible unless needs arise due to an emergency, such as a natural disaster; students should contact their college or university Financial Aid Department with regard to school breaks between semesters/quarters
Address:125 5th AveEdwardsville, IL 62025Map & Directions
Services: Provides regular, emergency and referral services to those who qualify, includes assistance with food, clothing, holiday, school supplies, PE uniforms, winter clothing, new shoes, rent, utilities and water services.
Hours: Mon and Wed - 3:00pm to 5:30pm
Tue, Thu and Fri - 9:00am to 11:30am
Closed 3rd Wednesday of every month and holidays
Eligibility: Must reside in service area
Address:900 Chestnut StHighland, IL 62249Map & Directions
Services: HACSM is a multi-social service agency providing food pantry, emergency utility and rent assistance, counseling referrals, assistance with applying for SNAP and medical card, LIHEAP and referrals to other possible sources of assistance when available, services are available to those residing in the service area.
ALSO KNOWN AS
HACSM FOOD PANTRY
Hours: Mon-Thu - 8:30am to 12:30pm
Eligibility: - Low income older adults age 60 years and older
- Disabled individuals age 18 years and older
Address:405 Mound StJerseyville, IL 62052Map & Directions
Hours: Mon-Fri - 8:00am to 4:00pm
Address:915 S 3rd St DGreenville, IL 62246Map & Directions
Services: BCMW provides food, shelter, medication, and transportation in emergency situations. This includes rental/mortgage and utility assistance.
Address:2266 Madison AveGranite City, IL 62040Map & Directions
Services: Non-profit social service agency providing support to area residents in need through the following programs: Professional Counseling Solutions, MedAssist and Homeless Prevention (rent/electric).
Eligibility: - Income restrictions exist, call for details
- Family must reside in Madison County, Illinois
-Must be age 60 years and older or suffer from a medical condition that can be relieved by air conditioning
- If any household member received an air conditioning unit in the past three years, they are not eligible to receive an air conditioning unit in 2014
- Applicants will be required to show a picture ID when they pick up their AC unit, only the person who made the application will be allowed to pick up their unit